Fennel and grapefruit salad – vegan. Pink grapefruit, shaved fennel and avocado salad. (Benito Martin). Previous Next Show Grid. "This is a beautiful summer salad making the most of the season's fresh produce. Preparation Cut off top and bottom ends of grapefruit.
Drizzle lightly with oil, then grapefruit juice, if desired. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and serve. The grapefruit is amazing this year- so juicy and flavorful! You can cook Fennel and grapefruit salad – vegan using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fennel and grapefruit salad – vegan
- It’s 2 of fennel bulbs, sliced.
- You need 1 of red onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar – optional.
- It’s 1 of pink grapefruit – or 1 orange.
- Prepare Handful of mint leaves, chopped finely.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Somehow they lift my spirit with their bright color and cheery aroma. The prettiest way to cut the grapefruit for this salad, is to segment it. Cut the peel away from the grapefruit using a sharp paring knife, cutting away the white pith. Top this red-grapefruit-and-fennel salad with a citrus-based dressing, such as Green Herb Sauce or Creamy Lemon Buttermilk Vinaigrette.
Fennel and grapefruit salad – vegan step by step
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Mix the fennel and onion in the oil (and vinegar if using) and season. Put on a lined baking tray and cook for about 15-20 mins so the vegetables are tender..
- Slice the grapefruit (or orange) so it’s in circles and remove the peel and pith. With an orange i put the slices in as in the third photo; but the grapefruit was big so i segmented it..
- When the fennel/ onion mix is cooked, lay on a plate. Lay the orange on top and then sprinkle the mint leaves on top. Serve and enjoy 😋.
- I forgot to take a photo before serving.. so this is part way through eating 😁 We mixed with some baby greens..
Whisk to combine, slowly adding olive oil. This fennel salad with grapefruit, watercress, and radishes will revitalize your table. Its immune-boosting ingredients will keep you healthy all season. A burst of citrusy sweet grapefruits adds a colorful touch to this savory fennel salad. Served over a bed of watercress and spritzed with a citrus.