Authentic Pad Thai. Watch a Thai chef make this authentic Thai noodle dish. Footnotes Partner Tip; Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier. To make authentic Pad Thai, you have to understand what this dish essentially is.
With so many variations of Pad Thai sauces on the internet, the most authentic Pad Thai sauce recipe has tamarind, palm, sugar, and fish sauce. What is Pad Thai Sauce Made of? There are two types of Pad Thai sauce: tamarind based and vinegar based. You can have Authentic Pad Thai using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Authentic Pad Thai
- You need of Sauce:.
- It’s 6 Tbsp of light brown sugar,.
- It’s 6 Tbsp of tamarind paste or rice vinegar,.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of fish sauce or Thai Taste – Vegan 'Fish' Sauce.
- You need 2 Tsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s of Pad Thai:.
- You need of Instant rice noodles (Mama brand).
- Prepare 400 g of king prawns / sliced mushrooms,.
- You need 2 tsp of Thai red chilli flakes or normal chilli flakes (use less for mild),.
- It’s 2 of spring onions roughly chopped,.
- Prepare 1 of English shallot, sliced,.
- You need 2 of eggs whisked (you can omit this to make it vegan),.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of oil (we recommend peanut oil),.
- It’s Handful of beansprouts,.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves, crushed,.
- Prepare of Tofu:.
- It’s 4-6 tbsp of crushed peanuts,.
- You need 1 block of tofu drained, pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes,.
- It’s 1 of lime, juiced.
- You need of Freshly cracked black pepper,.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cornflour.
- It’s of Garnish Examples: Handful of chopped coriander,1 spring onion chopped, lime wedges.
The sauce is the soul of the dish and you should make it from scratch. The sweet, savory, spicy and sour sauce is added to the noodles for the iconic taste. If you get the ingredients right, the flavors you love will be there. And if you've ever made a stir-fry, you can definitely master the technique.
Authentic Pad Thai instructions
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes until soft, drain the water..
- Make pad thai sauce by placing ingredients in a small saucpan over a low/medium heat. Once the sauce thickens, add 1 tbsp of water, mix and set aside..
- In a seperate bowl, add the cornflour and black pepper and mix, add the tofu until pieces are coated..
- In a wok on a medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, chilli flakes and prawns (or mushrooms), spring onions, shallot and tofu. Cook for 4 minutes or until tofu is slightly browned on all sides. Set aside on a seperate plate..
- Add 1 Tbsp oil in the wok, add whisked eggs and mix until cooked/resembles scrambled eggs (if you are vegan go to step 6).
- Add drained noodles, beansprouts and sauce and toss until egg and sauce coats the noodles,.
- After 5 minutes add prawns/mushrooms/tofu mixture, 2-3 Tbsp of crushed peanuts and lime juice, toss for a final time.
- Serve immediately and garnish..
Feel free to jump right to the recipe which will walk you through the whole process. This Pad Thai post is completely rewritten based on my previous wok two years ago, with an upgraded recipe and the inclusion of the video demonstration. I have added more information as below: The authentic formula of the Pad Thai sauce; The key ingredients and the explanation how to prep these items. This classic stir-fry of rice noodles, tofu, dried shrimp, and colorful garnishes is a street-food staple in Thailand, and surprisingly easy to make at home. If you can't find tamarind, palm sugar, Thai basil.