Seasonal Veggie Tom Yum Soup with Herbs 🌱. I'm sharing my version of this dish for the global food tour to Thailand and for my cookbook full of green vegetable recipes. This is my take on Tom Yum, using the flavours of Thailand with seasonal green veg and herbs from the garden. I use a vegan version of fish sauce which is derived from sea.
There are many variations of Tom Yum Soup in Thailand. Yet this classic recipe, and most popular version, is sometimes called Tom Yum Goong or Tom Yum Kung. Both of the words Goong and Kung refer to shrimp or prawns. You can cook Seasonal Veggie Tom Yum Soup with Herbs 🌱 using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seasonal Veggie Tom Yum Soup with Herbs 🌱
- Prepare 1 of large courgette (made into courgetti noodles).
- It’s 3-4 of lime leaves.
- It’s 1-2 of stems lemongrass.
- It’s 2-3 of Thai chillis.
- You need 1 handful of Thai basil.
- You need 1 handful of corriander.
- Prepare A few of sprigs of mint.
- It’s 1 of lime – juice and zest.
- You need 5 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 splash of Vegan Seaweed (fish alternative) sauce.
- You need 1 splash of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of thumb ginger.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
Vegetarian Thai Recipe for Tom Yum Soup with Roasted Chili Paste. Thailand "lacks a strong indigenous vegetarian tradition" notes Nancie McDermott in Real Vegetarian Thai, and cookbook author Vatcharin concedes, yet there are many modern Thais that practice vegetarianism today and the number is growing. Stir bok choy and tofu into the soup and bring back to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir lemon juice into the soup.
Seasonal Veggie Tom Yum Soup with Herbs 🌱 instructions
- Wash, chop and prepare your ingredients. Strip your courgette into noodles, remove the stem and finely chop 1 of the lime leaves, wash, top and tail your beansprouts, skin the ginger and cut into matchsticks and remove the wash and take of the outer layer of the lemongrass and give it a bash and wash the herbs 🌿.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the lemongrass, 2 whole lime leave (finely chop the other), 2 chillies, sliced ginger and half of the lime cut into slices. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to minimum and add fish sauce and a splash of soy..
- Add the courgetti noodles. The amount of time that they take to cook will depend on your vegetables and on your taste. I prefer al dente. Don’t overcook or they will be soggy..
- Squeeze the other half of the fresh lime into the soup. Serve into bowls and garnish with the green herbs, beansprouts, very finely chopped lime leaf, lime zest (if your lime is unwaxed) and a little chopped chilli to your taste..
The Vegetarian Tom Yum Soup recipe is a vegetarian version of Thailand's most popular soup. Tom Yum is very spicy and sour, and usually served scalding hot served in a hotpot with a fire underneath. There are many different versions to making the Tom Yum soup and I have adapted the Tom Yum Soup recipe from the many soups that I have had in Thai restaurants. In a large saucepan, add chicken stock, lemongrass, chilli, garlic, galangal and lime leaves. PAD TOM YUM TALAY (MED) Mains.