Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱. A chicken and mushroom pie for the whole family. If you like this video don't forget to like and subscribe for more videos from me and my family. Stir in the meat free chunks, peas and the Sacla' Vegan White Sauce.
Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for about three minutes, stirring constantly until it has formed a thick smooth paste (this is called a roux). This chicken pie recipe is easy and delicious. Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. You can cook Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱 using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱
- You need 200 g of chestnut mushrooms.
- Prepare 100 g of chicken alternative (I used soya).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegan butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of plain flour.
- You need of 1 teaspoon cornflour.
- Prepare of 1 pinch salt and a few punches of white pepper.
- It’s of Puff pastry lid (I bought ready rolled).
- You need 1/2 cup of cashew milk.
This chicken and mushroom pie recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Its made with double cream, white wine and thyme is a family favourite all year long. Serve your chicken and mushroom pies, still warm from the open, with a big spoon on creamy mash and minted peas. Hearty and satisfying, this vegan mushroom pie is ideal on a chilly night.
Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱 instructions
- Clean and slice the mushrooms and cook in a little oil for s few minutes. Turn the head low and cook with a lid on until the mushrooms release juice..
- Add 2 teaspoons of butter and stir until melted. Add the flour and stir, making a roux with the mushroom juice. Slowly add the milk until you have a sauce. You can mix the cornflour with a little water and add a little to the sauce to create a thicker consistency..
- Add a little salt and plenty of white pepper. Transfer to a pie dish, cover with a pastry top (prick the pastry to allow the air to escape) and bake in a medium oven for about 18 minutes..
Lift into a bowl and repeat with more oil and the remaining mushrooms. My chicken and mushroom pie is proper comfort food. Encased in buttery puff pastry, and made extra special with a sprinkling of bacon, it's a family mealtime favourite. How about my creamy chicken puff pie with carrots and potatoes or my rich and tasty slow-cooked steak pie. Creamy Leek & Mushroom Pie (Vegan).