Vickys Jaffa Cakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Jaffa Cakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Jaffa Cakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 130 grams of Vickys Gluten-Free Flour Mix 3.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- You need 100 ml of light coconut milk.
- You need 50 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 150 grams of chocolate, I use Moo-Free, dairy & soy-free.
- It’s 50 grams of vitalite or other dairy-free spread such as Stork gold foil block margarine.
- Prepare 1 of the grated zest of half an orange.
- It’s 12 tsp of orange marmalade.
- It’s 100 ml of light coconut milk.
Vickys Jaffa Cakes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon an even amount of batter into each hole in the muffin tin and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool in tins for 2 minutes then remove the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and dairy-free spread over a bain marie (in a bowl over a pan of simmering water). Add the orange zest and stir to combine..
- When the cake bases have cooled put a tsp of marmalade in the centre of each.
- Spoon the chocolate over each cake and let it drip off through the wire rack so the bases don't get covered in chocolate too. It's easiest to clean up if you put a sheet of parchment paper under the rack.
- Put the rack in the fridge for 20 minutes to set and keep in a cool place until you're ready to eat them.
- Real Jaffa Cakes use a cut out circle of orange flavoured jelly/jello but for the sake of quickness I use marmalade.