Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖). Vegan French onion soup recipe made with flavorful caramelized onions. This healthy soup is easy to make and topped with the most delicious cheese This recipe is not a traditional French onion soup because I added a healthy twist, which you might love as much as I do. Vegan French onion soup is hearty and elegant, and surprisingly easy to make.
This Vegan French Onion Soup is comfort food at its finest. Tender onions are simmered in a savory broth, topped with cheesy toast, and baked to This Vegan French Onion Soup is a sneak-peek recipe from my brand new cookbook, Weeknight One-Pot Vegan Cooking. Be sure to check it out for. You can cook Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖)
- You need 5 of medium onions – red and brown (organic if possible).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (2 for the garlic bread).
- It’s 1-3 of organic french onion stock cube (or vegetable stock).
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of couple of splashes of vegan beer.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Rosemary.
- It’s 1 pinch of seasalt.
- You need 1 of good pinch of white pepper.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegan butter.
- You need 1 of baguette.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegan Cheddar 🧀.
- You need of Chopped parsley or seasonal herbs (optional).
Marta shares a vegan french onion soup recipe by Roberto Martin, author of "Vegan Cooking for Carnivores", and personal chef. This soup uses miso to replace the broth that usually makes up the base of soup. Also, vegan cheese is used in this recipe in substitute for animal-based cheese, such as Stir the onions constantly so that they don't blacken. You want them to be a rich, golden color when you are finished sautéing them.
Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖) step by step
- Chop the onions into rings. Add a splash of oil to the pan and cook the onions on a high heat for 2 or 3 minutes. Reduce the heat and put on lid. Cook until the onions start to soften. Add a splash of beer or a sprinkle of sugar to help them to caramelise. Cook until very soft, this will take at least 30 minutes, possibly longer. Don’t be tempted to rush this step or you won’t get the depth of flavour..
- Add 1 clove of chopped or crushed garlic, the bay leaf, Rosemary and Thyme. Cook for a further few minutes. Mix the stock cube with boiling water and allow to dissolve. Add to the pan and cook for around another 30 minutes. Season to your taste..
- Crush the remaining garlic and mix with the butter. Slice the baguette. Spread each section with garlic butter, wrap in tin foil and bake until crispy..
- Place a ladel of soup into the bowl. Top with a garlic bread crouton, sprinkle with vegan cheese and grill until it bubbles. Sprinkle with fresh seasonal herbs if you are using. Enjoy 😋.
This soup is so flavorful that it doesn't rely on bread to give it a nice punch. However, bread is definitely always a plus. This recipe really hits the spot when you're in the mood for soup. I personally love soup all year round, but you can definitely beef this up a bit for. Delicious, deeply-flavorful vegan french onion soup made with no-fuss caramelized onions, toasted baguette slices, and melty dairy-free cheese.