Acorn Squash & Basil Soup.
You can have Acorn Squash & Basil Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash & Basil Soup
- You need 1 of acorn squash.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of butter, or vegan butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of hot water.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy cream, or coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 of chicken bouillon, or vegetable bouillon.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dry basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, or to taste.
Acorn Squash & Basil Soup step by step
- Peel and chop acorn Squash into small cubes. Peel and using your knife flatten garlic cloves.
- Boil squash and garlic cloves for 5-10 minutes, until fork tender..
- Using a strainer, remove squash and garlic from boiling water and pour into a high power blender..
- To the squash and garlic, add in the water, cream, butter, and below seasonings..
- Blend together until sooth in texture. Pour back into the same pot that you boiled your Squash in, and let it simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Then serve!!.