Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!.
You can cook Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!
- It’s 1 cup of red lentils (small, a deep coral color).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red quinoa.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice, optional.
- It’s 1 of small purple onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 bunch of parsley, leaves only.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of almond butter, optional.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raw tahini (sesame seed butter), optional.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! instructions
- The day before: Rinse lentils well, place in a bowl or jar, cover with water to twice the height of the lentils and leave to soak for 12-24 hours. In a pinch: boil a pot of water, remove from heat and add lentils. Soak for 30-45 mins and continue with recipe..
- Note about optional ingredients: The rice makes the patties slightly fluffier, the nut and seed butters make them moist and add nutrition..
- Prepare rice and quinoa. I like to make a large amount for a meal the day before and put aside enough for the patties..
- Quinoa: Rinse well and leave to soak (optional) for 30 mins up to 4 hours. Drain, place in small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and leave to simmer for 15 mins. Fluff with a fork and leave uncovered for another 5 mins..
- Rice: Rinse well. Place in pot with 3 times the amount of water (for example, 1.5 c water for 1/2 c of rice). Bring to a boil, turn down heat to very low and leave covered to simmer for 45 mins. Remove from heat and leave covered another 5 mins..
- Drain lentils. Place them in food processor (or bowl for stick blender) with onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, almond butter, sesame butter and seasoning. Blend until mixture becomes a pasty batter. You can stop a little sooner for more texture..
- Add rice and quinoa to the mixture and check seasoning. Frying makes the patties bland, so the seasoning should taste a little too strong..
- Heat oil in skillet. Spoon out or shape patties with your hands and gently place in oil. Fry both sides until lightly browned, about 3 mins per side..
- Yields 8 burger-style patties or 12-16 smaller patties..
- I have successfully frozen the mix, thawed it in the fridge overnight and prepared patties from it..