Mushroom Tempura. Dip mushrooms, one at a time into the batter and slightly shake it off to remove excess batter. Once golden brown, transfer the mushroom tempura to a plate lined with kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil. Be the first to review this recipe.
Mushroom Tempura is a traditional Japanese meal, it can be served as a starter or be eaten as a main meal with sticky rice as an accompaniment. It is an ideal dinner party dish as it looks attractive and the taste is exquisite! For this dish, we have used Livesey Bros Shiro Shimeji, Buna Shimeji, Shiitake and Enoki mushrooms. You can have Mushroom Tempura using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Tempura
- You need 30 of oyster mushroom.
- It’s 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of CHILLED TEMPURA BATTER.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of SPICY SWEET SAUCE FOR DIPPING.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of heinz tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of heinz chili sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of corn flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of peri peri sauce for extra spicyness.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
For more Exotic Mushroom Recipes, visit www.mushroommeals.co.uk! The Vegetable and Mushroom Tempura recipe out of our category Batter! Dip a mushroom into the tempura batter and slowly drop into the oil. If you drop it to quickly all the batter with fall off the mushroom.
Mushroom Tempura instructions
- MAKE TEMPURA BATTER.
- mix all ingredient and chill for 15 minute.
- DEEP FRY.
- put oyster mushroom on tempura batter and deep fry till lightly brown and crispy in 1 to 2 minute.
- QUICK TOASTED SESAME SEEDS AND SET ASIDE.
- MAKE SAUCE.
- put all ingredient into pan and bring to a boil then off heat and serve top toasted sesame seeds.
After the mushroom has been in the oil for a minute or so, turn it to cook the other side. Just make sure they are not touching each other in the oil. This mushroom tempura recipe is both vegan and gluten-free. Using whole grain buckwheat and brown rice flours, it is still light and crispy – an elegant vegan appetizer or Japanese vegetarian starter. I have been growing oyster mushrooms in my living room and harvest time yielded a thrilling glut!