Hungarian Mushroom Soup. This creamy mushroom soup is seasoned generously with dill, paprika, parsley, and lemon juice. For our Hungarian mushroom soup, sweet, mild Hungarian paprika is the classic choice. You can look for it at your local grocery store labeled (usually) as "Hungarian sweet paprika".
This is from Marie on another. I've put my own spin on it, of course. Here is a heavily Hungarian-influenced mushroom soup that we're sure you're going to love. You can cook Hungarian Mushroom Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Olive Oil or Vegan Butter.
- It’s 1 of large Onion.
- It’s 1 lb of cremini mushrooms.
- You need 3 TBS of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 TBSP of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 cup of almond milk.
- You need 2 cups of veggie broth.
- It’s 2 TBSP of fresh Dill.
- Prepare to taste of salt peper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti).
- It’s 1 TBSP of soy sauce.
- It’s of (more dill and sour cream for garnish).
Onions and cremini mushrooms are caramelized in butter. A separate rich roux is made with butter and flour. What makes this Hungarian Mushroom Soup so unique? Chunks of mushrooms, with authentic Hungarian paprika, it's creamy texture and a lot of fresh dills.
Hungarian Mushroom Soup step by step
- Heat the olive oil on medium-high and add the mushrooms and onions. (about 5 minutes for the liquid to absorb).
- Add the flour and paprika to create a rue (let cook for about 2-3 minutes).
- Add broth, almond milk, dill, salt and pepper and turn heat to low. (let simmer for 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat add sour cream and soy sauce..
- Garnish with extra sour cream and dill..
You can make it mild with just sweet. This Hungarian Mushroom Soup is full of flavor, creamy and so cozy. A variety of mushrooms and a dash of soy sauce make this soup full of umami flavor it's insane. Hungarian Mushroom Soup with Fresh Dill is rich, with hints of smokiness and a great umami flavor. It's the perfect bowl of soup to warm up with this season!