Pumpkin Soup. Whip up this easy pumpkin soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of For an extra-velvety consistency you can pour the soup through a fine sieve. Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock.
This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs. Cream is stirred in at the end for added richness. Pumpkin soup is what we all crave come October, but the idea of starting with an actual pumpkin? You can cook Pumpkin Soup using 9 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Soup
- You need 35 grams of Freshly chopped ginger.
- You need 2 clove of garlic (+/-13g).
- Prepare 110 grams of spring onions or quartered shallots.
- It’s 40 grams of extra virgen olive oil.
- It’s 600 grams of raw pumpkin.
- Prepare 600 grams of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable broth powder.
- Prepare 250 grams of non-dairy cream.
- It’s of salt an pepper to taste.
Your mama's gonna be so proud. It all starts with sugar pumpkins. These little guys are perfect for roasting and turning into DIY pumpkin. Quick and easy spicy pumpkin soup made with pumpkin purée, onions, fresh ginger, chicken stock Ah, fall, a perfect time for a spicy pumpkin soup!
Pumpkin Soup instructions
- Please don't hesitate to try making this amazing soup despite not having a kitchen machine or the one I mention a lot in my recipes (called thermomix, short tmx)! I will give you other options of how you can easily prepare all fresh ingredients with all the chopping and pre-steaming..
- Add ginger to powerful blender, e.g. a Thermomix® at speed 10 for 2 sec until paste-like consistency.
- Add peeled garlic cloves ca. 10g and process speed 7 for 1sec.
- Add chopped spring onion or if not available any other mild onion (shallots are nice, too) into TMX.
- Speed 5 for 5sec until it looks rather shredded. Possible with a good cutting technique and a very good knife..
- Pour oil through opening in lid of tmx. Unless you have prepared everything manually or don't have a tmx, now is the time to add your onion-garlic-ginger mix to a pot, large enough to fit at least three liters of liquid with a good amount of oil.
- 100°C speed 2 for 3min or if preparing in pot: let heat up and stir occasionally until onions are lucid.
- Rince, destem, deseed and dice pumpkin. My favorite is hokkaido pumpkin because you can use skin and all to cut up. If you haven't got a blender or tmx, please follow steps of my steaming fresh pumpkin recipe now https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/450298-pumpkin-not-from-the-can.
- Add pumpkin to TMX or if working with pot, add steamed pumpkin from above recipe.
- (Ignore if using pot method, skip to step 13) Speed 5 for 10sec.
- 100°C speed 2 for 3min.
- In water kettle bring 600ml water to a boil.
- Hot water and veggie powder/cube into TMX. Pot method: add to pot and stir together well.
- 90°C speed 1 for 20min. Pot method: after bringing to a boil and stirring well, let simmer at low temperature for 20 minutes.
- Carefully blend at highest speed for 30 sec. You can use a blending stick directly in the pot. Careful!! Very hot.
- Add cream.
- Speed 10 for 30sec or blending stick / blender at highest speed until bubbles form.
- Unless you like those little bits and pieces of ginger, onion and pumpkin, mix at speed 10 for another 30 sec for silky smooth texture.
- Taste. add salt an pepper as desired.
- Serve onto warm soup bowls. Serving suggestion: garnish with ground ginger or pepper or other herbs you might fancy (nutmeg, alfalfa) and/or a swirl of creamy balsamic vinegar.
This soup comes together quickly, and has warm. Today I'm sharing with you a recipe to make Roasted Pumpkin Soup. It's delicious and a super easy and healthy recipe to make. These pumpkin soup recipes are like the ultimate experience of fall. They're packed with seasonal flavor, are easy to make, and will fill your house with happiness and warmth.