Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup. Simple and ultra creamy vegan cream of mushroom soup. Rich and flavorful and deliciously satisfying, this soup makes an ideal appetizer. The mushroom flavors really mix in with the creaminess of the coconut milk and spices and it all just works!
Brimming with mushrooms and full of fantastic flavor, this vegan cream of mushroom soup recipe has quickly become a new favorite! Cream of mushroom soup is a staple that is used as a base in many homemade dishes. It's well-suited for that or tasty enough to enjoy by itself. You can have Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of Oyster Mushrooms (roughly chopped).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Herbs de Provence.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic (Diced).
- You need 6 cup of Almond milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of White or black pepper.
If you want or need this simple homemade mushroom soup recipe to be gluten-free as well as vegetarian and vegan, there's an easy solution. To make Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup: in a large soup pot, melt the vegan butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic and sauté until the mushrooms have softened and browned. Now, I know I will get asked this, yes, you can use oil instead of a vegan.
Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup instructions
- Put the chopped mushrooms in a 10 inch non-stick sauce pan, set the heart to medium-low, and cover. Cook for about 10-15, stirring occasionally..
- In a 6 qt pot, combine almond milk, herbs de Provence, garlic, salt and pepper. Start heating on low, uncovered..
- Once the mushrooms cook down, and then to the pot with the milk and herbs. Keep uncovered, and cook for about 30-40 minutes. The milk will get a bit thicker and turn a light brown..
How long does this Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup keep for? This Mushroom Soup keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days and freezes well. Reheat in a pot on the hob (stove) until piping hot – add a splash of water if necessary. Substitutions you can make to this recipe A cream of mushroom soup that's vegan AND gluten free? If the soup is too thick, whisk in small amounts of liquid and continue heating and stirring as needed.