Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan.
You can cook Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 800 grams of fresh tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large potato, diced.
- Prepare 450 ml of vegetable or chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried).
- You need 1 tsp of (or to taste) granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of (or to taste) low sodium salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of tomato paste / puree.
- It’s of oregano and basil.
- It’s 60 mls of full fat coconut milk (optional).
Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat and gently fry off the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic until tender, around 10 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are well cooked and soft.
- Puree the soup until smooth, or ladle into a blender and blend smooth.
- Season by adding some tomato puree, basil, oregano and any extra salt / pepper / sugar to your own taste.
- If you like it a little bit creamier, stir through the 60mls of coconut cream, or oat or soy cream if your diet allows.
- Nice served with a cheese topped roll or toasted sandwich, I like to use Veganic brand vegan cheese which is made from coconut milk.
- Just for interest sake, these were my Dads black tomatoes.