Vegan Chili with coconut rice.
You can cook Vegan Chili with coconut rice using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Chili with coconut rice
- Prepare 1 of Onion diced.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 Bag of veggie mince.
- You need 1 Tin of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- It’s 3 Tsp of Paprika.
- You need 3 Tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Chilli flakes.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 of Veggie Stock Cube.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 Tins of Beans (I used butter and haricot).
- It’s 1 of Courgette diced.
- Prepare 2 of Grated Carrots.
- It’s 100 g of Rice.
- You need 1 Tin of coconut milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Oil.
Vegan Chili with coconut rice step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pan (with a lid) on a medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they’re translucent. Add the garlic, courgette and carrot, cook until soft..
- Turn down the heat. Add spices and cook for another minute. Then add the mince and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the tinned tomatoes and half a can of water (use the empty tomato can). Add the bay leaves..
- Crumble in the stock cube, the sugar and tomato purée. Simmer the pot gently, then bring the pot to the boil. Give it a good stir and cover with the lid. Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the pot and stir occasionally so it doesn’t dry out!.
- Separately add the rice to a pan. Add water until it just covers the rice, then tip in the coconut milk. Add a little salt, and boil until the rice is sticky (about 20 mins)..
- Drain and add the beans to the chili, simmer for another 10 minutes. If it gets dry add more water, a tablespoon at a time..
- After 10 mins take the chili off the heat and leave to sit with the lid on the pot. Serve after 10 mins and enjoy!.