Vickys Soy-free Tofu, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan.
You can have Vickys Soy-free Tofu, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan using 2 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Soy-free Tofu, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan
- Prepare 1325 ml of cold water.
- It’s 300 grams of white bean flour.
Vickys Soy-free Tofu, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan instructions
- Oil a normal sized loaf pan.
- Whisk the bean flour into a quarter of the water to make a smooth paste.
- Bring the rest of the water to the boil in a large pot.
- Slowly whisk the paste into the boiling water whisking well as it thickens.
- Stir constantly until the mix is so thick you can hardy stir anymore, around 10 minutes.
- Pour into the loaf pan and let cool, then cover with foil and refridgerate for 24 hours before cubing or slicing.
- The texture should be inbetween firm and silken tofu and so can be used for a wide variety of dishes. I have used this to make cheesecakes, burgers, mock chicken steaks and even in soups for texture.
- This recipe is for unflavoured tofu and won't taste nice as it is. For a chicken flavoured tofu add garlic powder, onion powder and chicken seasoning to the flour. For fish add lemon juice and kelp/seaweed flakes. For meat add soy sauce. Most of the flavour is going to end up coming from what you marinade or bread the pieces with. See my soy-free tofu chicken nuggets recipe for inspiration.