Vegan Green Gram Idlis/Dosas.
You can have Vegan Green Gram Idlis/Dosas using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Green Gram Idlis/Dosas
- Prepare 250 gm of green gram.
- Prepare 100 gm of split black gram.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of soda bicarb.
- You need of Water for soaking and for grinding, if needed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oil for greasing.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic pearls chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large dry red chilli/2 paddi chillies.
Vegan Green Gram Idlis/Dosas instructions
- Wash and soak both the grams for 6-8 hours in adequate water.
- Drain the water after the soaking period.
- Grind the grams with garlic and chilli using very little or no water.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl and keep covered for 3-4 hours for fermentation.
- Before cooking, add soda bicarb and salt to the batter. Mix well.
- Grease idli trays and add 1-2 tablespoons of the batter in each and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and demould the idlis.
- Serve warm with your choice of chutnies/sambhar/veg stew.
- Alternatively, you can make dosas of the batter too. The entire process remains the same, just skip adding the soda bicarb to the batter.
- Please try and let me know, how your idlis turned out. Happy cooking!.