Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles. It's spicy-sweet, healthier than the classic Chinese takeout dish, and one of my favorite tofu recipes. Tofu, broccoli (or any vegetable your desire), cornstarch, soy sauce (gluten free), powder ginger, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, agave or sugar, water, vegan asian noodles, sunflower oil or similar. Drain and cover in paper towel to remove moisture.
This General Tso's tofu is deliciously battered and fried until crispy and then drenched in the most amazing sauce. You know the best part of this recipe? The tofu is oil free and air fried! You can cook Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles
- It’s of Tofu.
- Prepare of Broccoli (or any vegetable your desire).
- Prepare of Cornstarch.
- Prepare of Soy sauce (gluten free).
- Prepare of Powder Ginger.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of Agave or Sugar.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Vegan asian noodles.
- Prepare of Sunflower oil or similar.
You can use any air fryer you have, mine happens to be Philips! Drain tofu and wrap with some paper towel and place a salt container or anything that has a weight on top of the tofu. Spicy-sweet, protein-packed, and a healthier spin on takeout! Much like Singapore Noodles, I had never actually tried General Tso's stir fry before.
Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles step by step
- Use extra firm tofu. Drain and cover in paper towel to remove moisture. After, cut into bite size cubes. Place corn starch in a bowl. You can add seasoning to the cornstarch if you desire. Cover the tofu cubes in the cornstarch shaking off extra powder..
- After all tofu has been prepared, heat oil in a shallow pot on high heat. Carefully fry the tofu. Be mindful that moisture can escape tofu into hot oil and it can burn you. Fry until golden and crispy. When done set aside..
- Blanch broccoli. Don't over cook. Set aside..
- In the mean time prepare the sauce in a bowl. I do 2 tbsp of soy sauce to 1 tbsp of sesame oil. 1/2 tsp of ginger. I either use agave or sugar to balance the saltiness of the sauce (add as little or as much depending on your preference. I like mine a little sweet) Add 3 tbsp of water to dilute sauce..
- Cook noodles as per instructions. Once all of the cooked ingredients are done; heat a wok or pan adding the Broccoli and tofu. Add the sauce and noodles and let it cook down until it thickens..
- After plating, garnish with sesame seeds and eat!.
But from what I hear, it's traditionally lightly battered and fried chicken tossed with a. Bake the tofu or pan fry, add blanched veggies, make a sandwich or wrap. If I could just grab this General Tso's Tofu Sandwich off the screen I would! This simple sandwich has a quick general tso's sauce poured all over some pressed tofu and baked, served over. Going out to Chinese food was always one of my favorite, but as I got healthier, my stomach couldn't take the fried food and loads of salt frequently found in these restaurants.