Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad. This fresh tomato basil salad is the perfect light summer meals! This salad is light and refreshing and perfect for weeknight meals. Easy vegetarian and vegan recipes from soups and light lunches to sandwiches and wraps.
This simple vegan tomato soup gets its creaminess from light coconut milk. This recipe is lightly adapted from a tomato soup recipe I found on Chowhound. Heat olive oil in a pot over low heat and cook onion until soft and translucent. You can cook Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad
- You need 200 g of tomato purée (or quantity to taste).
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1-3 tsp of oregano.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 of carrot (grated).
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 small can of sweet corn.
- It’s 1 small can of green peas.
- It’s 5 leaves of lettuce and/or cabbage.
- You need to taste of (any other vegetable you would like to add, for example tomatoes or lentils).
- It’s 1 handful of black olives.
Learn how to make the BEST Vegan Tomato Soup! Silky smooth, dairy free, creamy and made with simple ingredients you probably have in your Add salt to taste, and stir in a teaspoon of sugar to cut the acidity a little bit. Serve with salad, croutons, a loaf of bread, or dip vegan grilled cheese into it! Try our best tomato salad recipes for a light lunch or dinner side.
Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad instructions
- For the soup: heat the tomato purée in a small pot on medium heat until warm, add the olive oil, oregano and salt, mix, taste and add salt and oregano to taste. If the purée is too thick, add a few spoonfuls of water, then olive oil, salt and oregano to balance it out. (leaves of basil are also welcome!)..
- For the salad: grate the carrot, thinly slice the cabbage and/or lettuce leaves, dice the cucumber, onions. Mix all the remaining vegetables. Add salt, vinegar (or lemon juice) and olive oil to taste..
- Enjoy with a piece of toast and orange juice for best experience! :b.
Our colourful salads include healthy, gluten-free and vegan options, all perfect for Serve tricolore salad with a twist using heritage tomatoes, ricotta and salsa verde. A lovely summery side dish for a picnic, barbecue, or light lunch. If that's the case, then clearly lunch is the most important meal of the day. Quick Roasted Tomato, Basil and Spinach Pasta. Tomato Soup is always good as a starter or light meal with salad and crusty bread.