Vegan masala chai. Quick, easy, and delicious vegan masala chai recipe by Veganbell. Keyword masala chai, vegan masala chai. Masala Chai was the last of the non-vegan foods to be eliminated from our diet.
A warming drink that is ubiquitous all over India, masala chai is a blend of bold black tea and various aromatic spices. I've also included a recipe for the tea and spice mixture that will allow you to make this delicious Vegan Masala Chai in a matter of minutes. How to make vegan masala chai. You can cook Vegan masala chai using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan masala chai
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 1 of coin of ginger.
- You need 2 of large lemon grass leaves.
- You need Handful of mint leaves.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of Tea Masala.
Put the water, tea, chai masala, and crushed ginger into a saucepan over a medium heat, and gently bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, strain, and serve immediately. Crush the cardamom pods and cut the slices of ginger. Place a saucepan over a medium heat and pour in the milk.
Vegan masala chai instructions
- In a saucepan, add water, tea leaves, tea masala, grated ginger, mint leaves, jaggery powder and lemon grass. Bring this to a boil..
- Once it comes to a boil, add almond milk and stir continuously for 2-3 mins on low flame..
- Enjoy this garama garam chai with your loved ones.
- HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK :- Soak almonds in water overnight or for at least 3 hours. After soaking, remove their skin. Add the almonds (without skin) and water in a blender and blend it. Strain the the milk using muslin cloth or nut milk bag. You can use this milk within 2 -3 days..
- When you add almond milk, make sure that your gas is on low flame. If you cook it on high flame you might get a bitter taste of the milk..
- Make sure you stir continuously for 3 to 4 mins. Almond milk won't boil all you need to do is stir continuously..
Add in the crushed cardamom pods, the ginger, the cinnamon stick and the tea bags. I have tried several plant-based milk chai's (almond, pea, and soy milk) and found oat milk the best to my liking. Keyword best masala chai recipe, dairy-free masala chai, gluten free vegan chai cookies, homemade masala chai. INGREDIENTS. *Soy milk is the best dairy-free option to make vegan Masala Chai. I have tried making it with other milks such as almond, rice and oat milk, and soy milk has always worked best to make this drink as good and creamy as possible.