Vegan red velvet cake. Red Velvet Cake is not just cake dyed red. It's a lot more than that. It's a mix of subtle flavors: vanilla, chocolate, buttermilk.
The most amazing Vegan Red Velvet Cake! Moist, fluffy layers of red cake with a hint of chocolate. Sweet, tangy vegan cream cheese frosting. You can cook Vegan red velvet cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan red velvet cake
- You need 2 cup (300 gm) of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup (150 gm) of sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoon of red food colour.
- You need 1 cup (200 ml) of water.
- Prepare 6 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
Red Velvet Cake is not just a chocolate or vanilla cake with a red hue. It has a hint of chocolate flavor that is very mild, and is typically made with buttermilk. Traditional Red Velvet Cake is made using buttermilk, but it's really easy to make a vegan "buttermilk". How to make naturally coloured Red Velvet Cake.
Vegan red velvet cake instructions
- Take a mixing bowl and sieve all the dry ingredients and mix well..
- In this mixture add water, vinegar, oil and mix well. Now add red food colouring and combine every thing together. Your cake batter is ready..
- Now transfer them into cup cake moulds. Bake it in preheated oven for 18-20 mins..
- Here is your moist soft vegan cupcake is ready..
- Note – if you want you can add milk in same quantity instead of water..
- You can bake it in microwave for 3-5 mins. If you want you can bake it in cooker, in a cooker make a base with salt and over that place a stand and preheat it in low flame for 5 minutes. After that place the cup cakes in your cooker and cover it with lid and bake it for 12-15 mins on low medium flame. Make sure that you have removed the whistle and gasket of cooker..
- If you don't have red food colour you can skip it. Or if you want chocolate cup cake then add 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 11/2 cup all-purpose flour instead of 2 cup all-purpose flour..
To create a red colour without food colouring, I used beetroot powder. You can buy beetroot powder in local health stores, as well as online. This post may contain affiliate links. Vegan friend Born and raised in Mississippi Birthday Longing for grandmother's red velvet cake Please??? The most amazing, easy Vegan Red Velvet Cake recipe is a moist, soft, lightly chocolate cake, topped with a simple homemade vegan cream cheese frosting.