Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar. Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar. There are many version of acar acar ,I DID mine the easy and the simplest ways , this vegetarian prickle can be store in fridge up to a week. Acar is a common side dish in Malaysia.
This recipe comes from my mum and she recently prepared this delicious acar at my house. Recipe: Perfect Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar. Recipe: Appetizing Vegetarian Thai Noodles: Gluten free and Vegan. You can cook Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of Lightly crush toasted peanut (remove skin).
- You need of VEGETABLE OPTION.
- It’s 1 cup of dice onion.
- Prepare 2 of cucumber.
- It’s 2 of carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of eggplant (optional add on ).
- You need 1 cup of cabbage (optional add on ).
- You need 1 cup of Long bean (optional add on).
- It’s of SPICY SAUCE (SAMBAL SAUCE ) OR ANY SAMBAL OELEK.
- It’s 5 tbsp of red wine vineger or any vineger.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of spicy sauce(sambal sauce ) or any sambal oelek.
- It’s 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
How to Prepare Appetizing Vietnamese Crispy Pancakes with Thai Ajard dipping sauce, Can be vegetarian too! Acar is a traditional mixed vegetable pickle that usually consists of cabbage, carrots, cucumber, or long beans that are generously spiced with chilis and sliced shallots. All the vegetables are cut into thin strips or diced into larger chunks before they are mixed with a salty, lightly sweet water and vinegar brine. Check out our best vegetarian main-course salad recipes, including grain bowls, barley and rice salads, and kale salads.
Vegetarian Prickle Salad / Acar Acar step by step
- FOR THE SPICY SAUCE (SAMBAL SAUCE) PLEASE VIEW ATTACHMENTS BELOW or you can use any store bought sambal oelek https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333646-spicy-sauce-sambal-sauce.
- FOR THE TOASTED PEANUT PLEASE VIEW THE ATTACHMENTS BELOW https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/460936-toasted-peanut-vegan.
- In pan with oil sauté spicy sauce ( sambal sauce ) then add vineger, sugar and light soy sauce bring it to a boil.
- Add carrot and cucumber and mix well for 3 minute add (extra sugar or vineger ) to the balance sweet and sour taste.
- Add dice onion and crush peanut and mix well and off heat.
- For a more stronger flavour keep in an air tight container and refrigerate it up to a week.
- SERVING OPTION.
- Toasted wholemeal bread with garlic butter and chedder cheese top coral salad and 2 tbsp of vegetables prickle.
This satisfying salad contrasts rich pecans and creamy squash with crisp, crunchy Asian pear and hardy radicchio. It's just the kind of main dish salad that easily satisfies. Acar is a type of vegetable pickle made in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore. It is a localised version of the Mughlai Achaar. It is known as atjar in Dutch cuisine, derived from Indonesian acar.