Vegetarian Thai green curry. Simple and flavorful Thai green curry recipe served with steamed, seasonal vegetables. Thai green curry is traditionally seasoned with fish sauce, but since this recipe is vegetarian, it calls for soy sauce instead. This dish is gluten free as long as you use a gluten-free soy sauce, like tamari.
Enjoy an authentic and delicious Thai green curry recipe for the vegetarian palate. It includes all of the authentic trimmings—lemongrass, coriander seeds, green chilies, galangal, makrut lime leaves, coconut. The Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is close to authentic thai made from homemade green curry paste with the vibrant fresh hot chilli peppers and green. You can have Vegetarian Thai green curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Thai green curry
- You need 1-2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- It’s 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- You need 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear in half and take the middle wooden bit off).
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (vegan).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar (brown sugar).
- You need 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- You need 1 tin of bamboo shoots.
- It’s 1 of aubergine (chopped into bite size).
- Prepare 1-2 of big red chilli (thinly slices).
- Prepare 1 block of tofu (optional).
- Prepare of Seasonal vegetables of your choice – it can be brussel sprouts, sweetheart cabbage, green beans, carrots. All chopped into bite size.
- Prepare of To serve – Thai jasmine rice or with rice noodles.
Some Thai green curry pastes contain shrimp paste, so look for vegetarian versions in the Asian foods section of the supermarket. Vegan Thai green curry is a classic Thai crowd pleaser prepared without any animal products yet with the depth of flavour of the original. Meanwhile, here is my take on Thai green curry. I've had trouble finding fish-less green curry paste so I've decided to make my own, especially that things like.
Vegetarian Thai green curry step by step
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a saucepan over a meduim-high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add another 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and sugar and stir well then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Add your vegetables start with hard vegetable first ie. carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green bean and bamboo shoots..
- Add some more coconut milk and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk a little bit..
- Add the rest of the coconut milk in. I normally add some water about half of tin coconut into the saucepan too. Taste your sauce, it should be salty, sweet, nutty and spicy..
- Stir occasionally then add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well..
- To serve, spoon your jasmine rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the vegetarian Thai green curry..
Looking for an easy vegan Thai green curry recipe? Check the labels of curry pastes as some contain dried shrimp and/or fish sauce. Look out for vegan products such as. The Thai Green Curry features chunky veggies in a lip-smacking green curry, constituted of aromatic herbs and spice powders, tangy lemon juice and rinds Serve this Vegetarian Thai Green Curry with steamed rice to make a perfect one dish meal. We also suggest you try our amazing Vegetarian Thai.