Vegan Fesenjān inspired stew. A hearty stew of toasted walnuts, pomegranate molasses, onion, and spices. A hearty stew of toasted walnuts, pomegranate molasses, onion, and spices. Home » Vegan » Vegan main meals » Fesenjan – Persian Walnut Stew (Fesenjoon).
Secondly, this stew has deep historical roots – in fact, it's a vegan version of the centuries old Persian chicken dish called fesenjan, but here, tofu replaces the. Khoresht Fesenjān or simply, Fesenjān, is much more than just pomegranate molasses. It is an Iranian stew of ground walnuts, poultry (in this case, chicken) and yes, pomegranates. You can have Vegan Fesenjān inspired stew using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Fesenjān inspired stew
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 of large aubergine, chopped into large chunks.
- Prepare 1/2 of butternut squash, diced into rough 1cm cubes.
- You need 500 ml of vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 150 ml of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare 250 g of ground almonds.
- It’s 1 of pomegranate.
You guys, this stew is goooood and a perfect example of comfort food. Though it is traditionally served over rice or couscous. A delicious recipe for Fesenjan- A Persian Stew made with ground walnuts and pomegranate. A delicious recipe for Fesenjan, a Persian Walnut Pomegranate Stew with chicken or chickpeas, or both!
Vegan Fesenjān inspired stew step by step
- Fry the onion in the oil until soft and clear.
- Add the aubergine, squash and spices and stir, coating the vegetables in the spice mixture..
- Frey the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the stock, sugar and molasses, add the almonds and stir.
- Cook down until the butternut squash is soft and the sauce has thickened to the desired consistancy..
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds..
Earthy, rich and tangy, this luscious stew is bursting with Middle Eastern Flavor! Khoresh fesenjān (or just fesenjān) is a popular Iranian pomegranate and walnut stew. It is usually made with chicken which is served submerged in a thick, dark sauce made with ground walnuts and pomegranate syrup. Usually prepared and eaten on special occasions, it is a staple dish of the annual. A hearty stew of toasted walnuts, pomegranate molasses, onion, and Fresh lemon and dill create a quick Greek-inspired pan sauce for simple sautéed chicken breasts.