Varan bhaat maharshtrian recipe.
You can cook Varan bhaat maharshtrian recipe using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Varan bhaat maharshtrian recipe
- You need 1 cup of Arhar dal/tuvar dal/lentil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Gur/jaggery.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Asafoetida/hing.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 7-8 of Curry leaves.
- You need of For the bhaat or steamed rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Rice.
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
Varan bhaat maharshtrian recipe step by step
- Wash arhar dal and pressure cook with turmeric powder,salt jaggery and two cup of water for 10 mins..
- Once cooled,open the lid and mash the dal..
- Heat oil in a pan..
- Add cumin seeds,asafoetida to crackle..
- Add curry leaves and red chilli powder and pour the tempering into the dal..
- Bhaat or steamed rice.
- Wash the rice and soak for half an hour..
- Pressure cook the rice with two cups of water.
- After three whistles switch off the flame..
- Serve the steamed rice with varan..