Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan. Dip eggplant and zucchini in egg mixture. Dredge in panko mixture, gently pressing mixture to adhere. Arrange eggplant and zucchini on prepared rack; coat with cooking spray.
When Eggplant Parmesan comes to your mind I know you probably expect this isn't dairy free. Traditionally it will be served with a creamy sauce made. Brown eggplant slices, a few at a. tender. You can cook Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion, evenly diced.
- It’s 5 medium of cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 reg size of cans 'san marzano whole peeled tomatoes'.
- Prepare 20 of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 large of zucchini, sliced on a bias (diagonal cut) 3/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1 sm-med of eggplant, sliced 3/4 inch thick rounds.
- Prepare 4 T of 'bobs red milk egg replacer' powder (photo below).
- It’s as needed of pure water.
- Prepare 3 cups of almond meal (traders or whole foods is good for this).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dried herbs (tarragon basil parsley blend).
- Prepare 2 T of paprika.
- Prepare 2 T of sea salt.
- You need 1 1/2 T of fresh black pepper.
- Prepare 3 T of 'everything but the bagel' seasoning (traders whole foods yes).
- It’s 1 cup of 'Go Veggie' brand vegan grated parmesan.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of grapeseed oil.
- It’s 1 sm of container 'kite hill' brand plain almond ricotta.
Peel eggplant and place on paper towel. a layer of zucchini, then Swiss cheese and . sauce and sprinkle Parmesan. This take on eggplant Parmesan uses zucchini in place of the eggplant. Rather than bake the breaded, pan-fried disks as one big layered mass in a baking dish, this version features little individual stacks of alternating layers of pepperoni, a tomato sauce, fresh basil, and a combination of mozzarella. This summery riff on classic eggplant Parmesan celebrates the custardy goodness of tender zucchini.
Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan instructions
- Begin by slowly building low heat in your med-lrg size sauce pot add olive oil let heat come up for 5-7 min. Use your favorite wooden spoon, stir in onions slowly and gently with EXTRA love until they are translucent. Your intention is to melt the onions with the olive oil together, the longer and slower the better… (about 15 min).
- Stir the garlic into the onions for couple seconds, immediately add the San Marzano tomatoes, bring to a high simmer over medium-high heat. Immediately turn to med-low stirring with love constantly for 30 min..
- While sauce is simmering, in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients from the almond meal to the 'Go Veggie' parmesan. (other non-dairy vegan parmesan will work) Mix well, pour half into a large flat 3-4 inch deep dish. (reserve the rest for more breading if needed and topping later) Whisk the Bob's Red Milk egg replacer with 2 cups water thoroughly (repeat this step if more 'egg' mix is needed). Pour the 'egg' mixture into another 3-4 inch deep dish. Don't forget to stir the sauce!!.
- Turn the tomato sauce down to the lowest heat setting possible. Stirring constantly and gently for another 45- 1hr. While finishing the sauce, bread the zucchini and eggplant. Keep one hand dry and one wet alternating hands for each step of the coating process. Dry hand drop ea piece of veg into the 'egg' /wet hand coats with 'egg' then/ drops into nut crumb mixture/ dry hand coat with crumbs pat firmly to ensure sticking. All remaining crumbs will be used for topping so reserve them..
- Sauce is done! 2 hours cooking THATS a LOTTA LOVE <3. Turn off heat pick the basil leaves into small pieces stir in with salt and fresh pepper to taste (swirl in an extra spoon of olive oil ;);). Let cool. Heat your large pans for frying! I recommend cast iron and please bring up the heat slowly especially with cast iron. Once the pans are nice and hot add the grapeseed oil in 3 portions for ea round of frying, gently brown ea slice of zucchini and eggplant on both sides about 2-3 min ea side..
- Preheat oven to 300. Layer the fried slices, the sauce and almond ricotta (other brands may work this one is real good) right into your baking dish. When layering, press down gently ea layer to ensure even cooking. It comes out to about 2 full layers. Top the dish with the remaining nut crumb mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hr. Remove foil, turn up heat to 350 bake for 20 min more. Turn oven to broil and brown the topping gently golden baby! WOO HOO Thats it We're done! Let it cool!.
- Thanks for trying this dish. It actually gets better as the days go so feel free to make like 4 trays !! Hope you looooooooovvvvveeee! Bon Appetito!.
The zucchini is breaded and shallow-fried, then layered The fried zucchini then gets layered into the baking dish with marinara and a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. I make a simple yet delicious eggplant parmesan recipe for this video. even people that say they dont like eggplant, if you make this they will change their. Traditionally eggplant parmesan is breaded eggplant that is fried them topped with sauce and This seems similar to your zucchini lasagna. You could layer it in between the layers of. View top rated Eggplant parmesan and zucchini recipes with ratings and reviews.