Corsica-Style Aubergine Boats.
You can cook Corsica-Style Aubergine Boats using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corsica-Style Aubergine Boats
- You need of Tomato Sauce:.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil,.
- Prepare 1 Clove of Garlic Thinly Sliced,.
- Prepare Pinch of Chili Flakes,.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Italian Seasoning,.
- It’s 14 oz of Canned Diced Tomatoes,.
- It’s Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- You need Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- It’s of Aubergine Boats:.
- It’s 65 g of Vegan Cheese Freshly Shredded,.
- You need 2 of Aubergines/Eggplants,.
- It’s Pinch of Nori Flakes, Generous.
- It’s of Shichimi Togarashi / Japanese 7 Spice, Generous Pinch.
- Prepare 25 g of Vegan Mayo,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Karashi / Japanese Mustard,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Miso,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Japanese Panko,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- It’s Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- You need 1 TBSP of Sesame Seeds,.
Corsica-Style Aubergine Boats step by step
- Prepare the tomato sauce. In a skillet or pan over the lowest heat possible, add olive oil. Add in garlic, chili flakes and Italian seasoning. The garlic should barely be sizzling..
- If the garlic is sizzling, the heat is too high.* Let the oil infused with the ingredients for about 10 to 15 mins or until the garlic starts to brown. Remove from heat and transfer into a bowl of canned diced tomatoes. *You can pass the oil mixture thru a fine sieve to catch all the garlic, chili and seasonings.*.
- Prepare the aubergines. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Slice the eggplants into halves. Gently place the eggplants into the boiling water..
- Boil for about 20 mins or until the flesh is fork-tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down slightly. Once the eggplants are cool enuff to handle, carefully scrape the flesh out while keeping the skins intact..
- Transfer the flesh into a bowl. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Mix to combine well. Mix, mix, mix..
- Transfer the mixture onto the skin to resemble boats. Freeze for at least 30 mins. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 360 fahrenheit..
- Transfer the eggplant boats onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Wack into the oven and bake the eggplant boats for about 20 mins or until the cheese starts to melt. Remove from the oven..
- Add tomato sauce onto serving plates. Place the baked eggplant boats on top of the tomato sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of nori flakes. Serve immediately..