Vickys Spiced Aubergine Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Spiced Aubergine Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Spiced Aubergine Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 of medium aubergine/eggplant, diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of medium strength curry powder*.
- You need 200 grams of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 400 grams of can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 850 ml of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of fresh coriander to garnish.
- You need of Medium Curry Powder*.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 2 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 tsp of cloves.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garam masala.
Vickys Spiced Aubergine Soup, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- To make the curry powder, dry fry the coriander, cumin and fennel in a pan for a minute until you can smell their aroma, then take off the heat and let cool.
- Mix the toasted seeds with the other ingredients in a coffee grinder or use a pestle & mortar to grind everything as finely as you can and store what you don't use in an airtight jar. To make a hotter powder add some extra garam masala and chilli powder.
- Getting on with the soup itself, put all the ingredients except for the salt, pepper & coriander into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 25 minutes until the aubergine is soft and pulpy.
- Pulse the soup in batches through a blender just a few times so you retain some of the aubergines consistency. You don't want it to be completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper and serve with a garnish of fresh coriander leaves.