Vegan/vegatable moussaka. An easy vegetable moussaka dish that consists of juicy veggie meatless mince sauce mingling with layers of sweet eggplant (aubergines) and a velvety creamy bechamel sauce. This vegan and vegetarian version of the classic Greek moussaka is hearty and homely yet much lighter, dairy-free and low in carb with soy-free and gluten-free options. It's usually made with potatoes, but if you leave those out and use.
This healthy casserole is a wonderful comfort meal which is flavorful, satisfying, and very enjoyable. A really easy gluten-free and vegetarian moussaka is the comfort food every veggie needs in their life. First, add olive oil to a large pot. You can have Vegan/vegatable moussaka using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan/vegatable moussaka
- Prepare of Potatoes (medium hard).
- It’s of Eggplants.
- It’s of Onion.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Red lentils.
- Prepare of Brown soy crumble.
- Prepare of Canned tomatoes.
- Prepare of Feta cheese.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Basil.
- You need of Red paprika powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Oat cream.
- You need of Dried mashed potato flour (perunamuusijauhe).
Then add in all the vegan mince into a thick layer. Then top the vegan mince with the remaining sliced eggplant. Add all of the bechamel sauce and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Just cover the porcini with boiling water, then set aside to rehydrate.
Vegan/vegatable moussaka step by step
- Rinse and boil lentils for about 5min..
- Slice eggplants and salt tha sliced to cry, let cry for 29min then clean away the salt..
- Peel and slice potatoes..
- Put the brown soy crumble in hot water, add vegetable broth cube..
- Chop onion and garlic, fry in oil with spices. Remove water from soy crumble and lentils and add, add also tomato sauce. Add some chopped green olives if you like. Let simmer for 15min..
- Layer sauce, eggplant, and potatoes in a pan, add feta cheese if not full vegan. Mix oat cooking cream and a little bit of dried mashed potato mix flour and some salt. Pour on top..
- Cook in the 215'C oven for about 1,5hours, until potatoes are soft..
To assemble moussaka, slice parboiled potatoes into ½ cm slices and place at the bottom of an oiled tray. Brush olive oil on the top of the potatoes. Spoon in cooled down tomato sauce. Use a tablespoon of the oil to generously grease a large baking tray. Place the sliced aubergine and courgette in a single layer on the tray and.