Vegan Moussaka 🇬🇷.
You can have Vegan Moussaka 🇬🇷 using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Moussaka 🇬🇷
- You need 1 of Aubergine.
- You need 1 of Courgette.
- You need 1 of Onion, Finely Sliced.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- It’s 1 Tin of Green Lentils.
- Prepare 2 of Medium Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- You need 60 g of Plain Flour.
- You need 60 g of Vegan Butter.
- Prepare 50 ml of Vegan Milk.
- You need 50 g of Vegan Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 50 g of Vegan Cheese.
- You need 3 Tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Garlic Granules.
- Prepare To Taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Olive Oil.
Vegan Moussaka 🇬🇷 step by step
- Slice the Aubergine and sprinkle with some salt, pepper and oil. Bake in the oven for 25 mins at gas mark 4 (180 degrees), until they are soft (you may need to turn them)..
- Finely slice the remaining vegetables. Chop the tomatoes. Peel and slice the potatoes into flat disks. Boil in a pot of salted water until they are just soft. In a large pot fry the onion and garlic over a medium heat with a good glug of olive oil..
- Add the courgette and carrot, fry for a few minutes until they start to soften. Add the chopped tomatoes and cinnamon, paprika and garlic granules. Add the 2 tablespoons of tomato puree. Open the lentils and add 2 tablespoons of the lentil water to the vegetables. Drain the rest of the lentils and add to the vegetables. Cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- In the pot the potatoes were boiling in make a white sauce. Over a gentle heat melt the butter, then add the flour. Add the milk and whisk together until you get a smooth, glossy sauce. Season with salt and pepper and some nutmeg..
- In a casserole dish layer up the potatoes. Then add the lentil mixture and top with the aubergine. Add the white sauce and top with the vegan cheese and feta. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden-brown and enjoy!.