Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 400 grams of can of artichoke hearts, well drained.
- Prepare 450 grams of fresh spinach leaves.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of mayonnaise, see my egg-free recipe link below.
- It’s 50 grams of parmesan-style cheese, I use Violife (soy-free vegan).
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 450 grams of puff pastry, see my free-from recipe link below.
Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Chop the artichoke hearts and put into a large bowl. Make sure they're drained well.
- Put the spinach in a large pan with 2 tbsp water. Put the lid on and steam for a few minutes until wilted.
- Drain and tip the spinach out onto a clean tea-towel. Squeeze the excess water out of the spinach by wrapping with the towel and pressing down. You may need to use 2 towels for this.
- Chop roughly and put into the bowl with the artichoke.
- Add the mayo, parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well and adjust the seasonings if desired https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332798-vickys-eggless-mayonnaise-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- Halve the pastry and set one half aside. Roll out into a rectangle around 25cm wide and 15cm tall. The exact measurement doesn't really matter https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356517-vickys-puff-pastry-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- Spread half of the artichoke mixture on top of the pastry leaving an inch at one of the long sides clear.
- Start to roll the pastry over like a jelly/swiss roll. I find it easiest to cut the pastry in half top to bottom for more control.
- Roll right to the bottom and pay extra attention to the bottom end sticking well so it doesn't pop open in the oven.
- Wrap the pastry 'sausages' in clingfilm and put in the freezer for an hour. Repeat with the set aside pastry and artichoke mixture.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 210C / 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the pastry and cut into slices around 1cm thick. I got 10 discs from each quarter of rolled pastry.
- Place on the lined tray, glaze the pastry with a little milk of choice (I use light coconut milk) and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- You can keep the filled pastry frozen for 3 months before baking if you don't need this amount all at once.
- The mixture also makes a gorgeous dip or topper for breadsticks, crackers etc if you mix in just enough sour cream to loosen the mixture to your own preference. I use coconut cream soured with lemon juice or cashew cream as linked below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333300-vickys-vegan-sour-cream.