Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree). ✿ Veganlovlie Recipes / Butter Bean Curry: This recipe is a quick and easy curry with just the basic spices to make it a simple but delicious meal. Make the most of aubergines with this vegan curry. Low in fat yet packed with flavour, you can serve it with rice or roti.
Add them to a pan with no oil and cook on a medium heat until they are nice. Butter beans or jumbo lima beans are delicious cooked in curry gravy and served with rice or roti. A weekly regular at the Lovlie Cocoon is the. You can have Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree) using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree)
- Prepare 1 tin of butter beans or dried beans soaked and boiled till soft.
- Prepare of I large aubergine cut into cubed.
- Prepare 1 of medium size onion, cut in thick slices.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need leaves of Few fresh curry.
- It’s 2 TBs of curry powder.
- It’s Pinch of fenugreek seeds or 'panch puran".
- It’s 1 of small fresh tomato cut into cubed.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Water to make the gravy.
- It’s of Fresh coriander chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin (optional).
- Prepare 2 Tbs of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
Make this vegan aubergine curry for a comforting dinner, then check out our easy spinach, chickpea & potato curry and other vegetarian curry recipes. *This recipe is gluten-free according to industry standards. Take a look at our aubergine, bean and potato curry recipe. Top tip for making Aubergine, bean and potato curry. Aubergines are less bitter nowadays so there's no need to salt them beforehand.
Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree) instructions
- Open the tin of beans and drain the water..set aside..
- Place a large pan on medium heat. Add oil followed by the onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry leaves cumin if using. Followed by the curry powder. Cook for 1 minute..
- Season with salt. Add aubergine, tomato. Stir gently so the aubergine coats the cooked spices..
- Add water, cover and leave to simmer..
- After about 10 minutes the aubergine will soften. Take care when stirring so you don't mash the aubergine..
- Add the drained butter beans. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary..
- Cover leave to simmer for another 10 minutes until all come together. Leaving you with a rich thick curry sauce and all the vegetables nicely cooked..
- Turn heat off, sprinkle with fresh coriander and garam masala..
- Serve warm with accompanied of your choice..
Save money: Vegan butter alternatives can be quite expensive, and not available everywhere, especially if you live in a small town. With just a few ingredients from your pantry, you can make your own butter anytime. This vegetarian goulash is packed with veggies and is a filling hearty meal, suitable A rich and filling vegetarian goulash with butter beans. Chop and fry the onion until soft, add curry paste and coconut milk. Let the liquid simmer and reduce slightly.