Home made ajvar-eastern style (Vegan). Ajvar and we mean original and completely natural ajvar, the kind that owes the secret of it's exceptional What could a tropical fruit and home-made ajvar possibly have in common? Nikola Jankovic, a development engineer at Bakina Tajna, reveals how factory-made ajvar may be called. A simple ajvar recipe, one of the most popular Balkan foods.
Homemade ajvar is the best and whilst it is labour-intensive to make, it will be worth it. Traditionally, ajvar is prepared in autumn, when the peppers are most abundant, and is conserved in glass jars and consumed the year. Kitchen tip: Homemade Ajvar is a great alternative to pizza sauce. You can have Home made ajvar-eastern style (Vegan) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home made ajvar-eastern style (Vegan)
- Prepare 3 of red bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- You need Half of eggplant.
- Prepare of Different dried spices like oregano, basil, sweet red pepper.
- It’s of Grill spice style salt with even more dried spices.
- Prepare 5 of fresh mint leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare of Dried lemon peel + black pepper mix.
- Prepare 5 of Fresh mint leafs and some fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Little olive oil.
Try out our Whole Wheat Mediterranean Pizza with Ajvar recipe. The Best Ajvar Recipes on Yummly Whole Wheat Mediterranean Pizza With Ajvar, Vegan Kidney Beans Burger With Sweet Potatoes Fries, Chickpea Salad With Grilled Eggplant. Ajvar is a Serbian combination of roasted, mashed eggplant and sweet peppers served as a side dish with grilled meats or as an appetizer on bread.
Home made ajvar-eastern style (Vegan) step by step
- We put small holes on the peel of the eggplant and bake it in the oven until soft. Then we spoon out the inside.
- We bake the peppers in the oven until the peel starts to get black and its easy to take it off.We take it off n mix it with the eggplant.
- We make the eggplant n peppers like a puree with a fork and we add the spices and the mint leaves and parsley cut in small pieces plus the olive oil and sugar.
- Serve it on the cauliflower pizza (mentioned in my other recipe).
- Ajvar in a plate.
Ajvar is a Serbian roasted eggplant-sweet pepper mixture, sometimes referred to as vegetarian caviar. Ajvar is a condiment made principally from red bell peppers and oil. It became a popular side dish throughout Yugoslavia after World War II and is nowadays popular in Southeastern Europe. Homemade ajvar is made of roasted or cooked peppers. All natural • no added sugar • no preservatives. • homemade style – technology reproducing the home made ajvars •.