Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF using 4 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 120 grams of cold mashed potatoes.
- It’s 480 grams of icing / powdered sugar*.
- It’s 240 grams of plain chocolate, I use Plamil vegan brand.
- It’s 120 grams of dessicated coconut or chopped mixed nuts.
Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the mashed potato and icing sugar together until very stiff.
- You may need more than I've stated. This particular time I needed almost 600g icing sugar, it depends which variety of potatoes you use. Starchy are best. The aim is for the mixture to be only slightly sticky to the touch.
- Dust your hands with icing sugar then take heaped tablespoons of the potato mixture and roll into balls between your hands. Set aside on the lined tray and flatten slightly. This can be a bit messy!.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate by blasting in 15 – 30 second increments in the microwave, melting over a bain marie or temper it as shown in my previously posted 'how to temper chocolate' recipe. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Put the coconut / chopped nuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Dip the chilled potato rounds in the melted chocolate, then coat in the coconut / nuts.
- Set on a wire rack over more parchment to catch any drips then place back on the lined tray and freeze for 15 minutes to set.
- Store in a lidded container in the fridge.
- They are very sweet so I use dark chocolate to balance them. You can make the rounds smaller if you like, more bitesize.
- Lees Scottish Macaroon Bars are a very popular confectionery bar in the UK. They come in a rectangular shaped bar.