Vegan Green Gram Idlis/Dosas. This idli is a favourite of my dad and a favourite of mine too. This idlis are less in carbs then compared to the normal Idli. This Split Green Moong Dal Idli are rich in protein and dietary fibre.
Here is another easy, super healthy and yummy breakfast recipe for you all. This one is for green gram idlis or steamed moong beans cakes. This one is a part of the idli family but is made of green grams or whole and sprouted moong dal and not rice. You can cook Vegan Green Gram Idlis/Dosas using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Green Gram Idlis/Dosas
- You need 250 gm of green gram.
- You need 100 gm of split black gram.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of soda bicarb.
- Prepare of Water for soaking and for grinding, if needed.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Oil for greasing.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic pearls chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large dry red chilli/2 paddi chillies.
And that is what make these steamed cakes super nutritious. Idlis make for a very staple Indian breakfast. Our website searches for recipes from food blogs, this time we are presenting the result of searching for the phrase multi lentil idli steamed rice cakes and dosa crepe vegan glutenfree. Idlis served with sambar and chutney is one of the most favourite snacks in South India.
Vegan Green Gram Idlis/Dosas instructions
- Wash and soak both the grams for 6-8 hours in adequate water.
- Drain the water after the soaking period.
- Grind the grams with garlic and chilli using very little or no water.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl and keep covered for 3-4 hours for fermentation.
- Before cooking, add soda bicarb and salt to the batter. Mix well.
- Grease idli trays and add 1-2 tablespoons of the batter in each and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and demould the idlis.
- Serve warm with your choice of chutnies/sambhar/veg stew.
- Alternatively, you can make dosas of the batter too. The entire process remains the same, just skip adding the soda bicarb to the batter.
- Please try and let me know, how your idlis turned out. Happy cooking!.
The basic idli is made with rice and udad dal. You can serve the idlis and dosas hot with some chutney and sambar. Rinse and soak the green gram. Enjoy fluffy idlis and crisp dosas any day with this recipe for the perfect Idli/Dosa Batter. Masala Dosa: A spiced potato filling is placed on the cooked dosa before folding it over.