Roasted squash and chickpeas with tahini sauce – vegan. This roasted chickpea stuffed sweet potato will be your new favorite. Naturally loaded with vitamin A, fiber, potassium, B-vitamins, and powerful antioxidants Stuff each sweet potato with the roasted chickpeas and any other veggies of choice. Top with the fresh herbs and creamy tahini sauce.
Regular tahini sauce is great to serve with this dish but this Greek yogurt version is extra creamy and makes an excellent dressing for the baby spinach You can also serve the butternut squash and roasted chickpeas over a bed of rice as more of a vegetarian entree. This Mediterranean-style plant-based meal is so good and reminiscent of falafel. This recipe is really popular so I decided to re-upload it so new viewers. You can have Roasted squash and chickpeas with tahini sauce – vegan using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted squash and chickpeas with tahini sauce – vegan
- Prepare 1/2 of onion squash (200g -ish), chopped into 2-3 cm chunks.
- Prepare 1/2 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of za’atar.
- It’s Handful of pinenuts.
- You need of Some pomegranate seeds.
- You need A few of fresh mint leaves.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of tahini.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, crushed.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of water.
Gently charred squash crescents coated in fragrant spices are served up with tender roasted chickpeas, sweet dates and the nutty crunch of toasted Arrange the squash, kale, chickpeas and onion on warm plates. Scatter over the dates, toasted buckwheat and. We love roasted chickpeas, and these easy ones, served with roasted carrots and tahini sauce are the best. Any leftovers make a great packed lunch.
Roasted squash and chickpeas with tahini sauce – vegan instructions
- Heat oven to 200C. Put the chunks of squash in a bowl; add 1 tbsp oil and season. Mix. Put on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for about 20-25 minutes..
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Place all the sauce ingredients in a bowl – add the water gradually until it’s the consistency / taste you want..
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil and seasoning. Mix. Add to the baking tray with the squash. Roast for another 20- 25 minutes until the squash is golden and softened..
- To toast the pinenuts, place them on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes or so, until they start to turn golden..
- When the squash is ready… sprinkle the za’atar over the squash and chickpeas..
- Arrange the squash and chickpeas on a plate, drizzle with the tahini sauce and sprinkle with the pinenuts and pomegranate seeds. And add a few fresh mint leaves… Enjoy!.
Tip the carrots onto a platter, sprinkle on the parsley, spoon over some tahini sauce and scatter with chickpeas. Drizzle tahini sauce over and sprinkle with Aleppo pepper. While the squash is cooking, make the tahini sauce. Mix the crushed garlic with lemon juice and add the tahini. Now thin with the water and olive oil, and For those who mentioned they would like some crunch, you can roast some of the chickpeas – just toss with the same marinade as the squash, and.