Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan).
You can have Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan)
- It’s 4 of Eggplant – small Japanese type.
- It’s 100 grams of Lotus root (it's convenient if you use ready-made lotus root).
- It’s 1 of knob ☆Ginger, finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of ☆Chopped garlic.
- You need 4 tbsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of ☆Mirin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ☆Vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆Sugar (I used beet sugar).
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆Doubanjiang (as desired).
- You need 5 tbsp of Oil.
Hot and Sour Eggplant and Lotus Root (Vegan) step by step
- Remove the eggplant stems, slice them into 1 cm rounds, sprinkle salt, and leave to rest for a while. Slice the lotus roots..
- Mix the ☆ sauce ingredients..
- Microwave the lotus root for a minute and add the sauce from Step 2 (flavor penetrates better if you warm it)..
- Wash off the salt from the eggplants and pat dry with paper towels..
- Heat oil in a frying pan or a pot, and cook the eggplant. It's more delicious if you add more oil, but it increases the calorie..
- When browned, combine with the lotus roots and mix..
- Serve on a plate and it's done! The on in the photo is garnished with mizuna greens. It's also delicious garnished with green onions..